Msemen (Rghayef) with Moroccan Khlii
Msemen or Rghayef made Moroccan Khlii are a breakfast or brunch delicacy that is best consumed with Moroccan Mint tea, they are salty in nature.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 2 bowls of flour
- 1 bowl of whole wheat flour
- 100 grams of Moroccan Khlii
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp. of Parsley
- 1 tsp. Ground Red pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil as needed
Preparation of Msemen (Rghayef) with Moroccan Khlii:
- Prepare dough with flour, salt, and warm water. Knead the dough for 10min, cover it allowing it to breath, and let it rest for 10 min.
- Make the dough into little balls (about the size of a meatball), oil them, and thin them.
- In a pan, golden the already minced onion. Add the shredded Khlii with its fat, finely chopped parsley and spices.Cook for 5 min. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Roll finely the little balls, fill the center of each now pastry with a little Khlii filling. Bring the edges over the filling to get a filled square.
- Flatten slightly and place on an oiled baking sheet. Place in the oven at 350°F cook to a golden brown color.
- Serve stuffed patties with a good Moroccan Mint Tea.